moment of truth



Do I consider myself as a proud African girl? Yes, I do.
Do I love the sight of the sunrise, the sound of the cock and morning shattering? Yes, I do.
Do my eyes feed on the sight of the colours green, orange, red, brown and yellow? Yes, they do.
Does my heart long for the beat of the drum, the enchanting songs and dancing feet, the dripping sweat from my chest? Yes, it does.
Do I find myself visualizing rising dust, pouring rain filled in buckets, mud stuck to my shoes and the soothing taste of mango fruits? Yes, I do.
Do I miss the discipline, the times my grandmother woke me up by hitting me with her stick? Yes, my buttocks are depressed.
Do I miss the times she would give me advice, tell me to read the Bible and pray? Yup, no doubt!
Do I miss the times when she would comb my hair, straight, plait it and give me food? Yes, I do.
Do I miss my primary school days at St. Kizito, the break times when we used to kwepeena, stand in a queue waiting for beans and posho? Yes, my stomach is full of anger.
Do I miss the BIG parties, the food; kaalo, kaawonga, matooke, chapaati, bigyangyaloo etc., the music; kadongokamu, kalipso? My feet are aching for the beat.
And ooooh, I can't forget the laughter's music, the loud voices, bright white smiles and the beaming black skins.
How I miss Uganda; The Pearl of Africa. How I long is rinse my body in waterfalls of Mbale. How I long to take a ride on a bodaboda. How I miss the peoples warmth, joy and hospitality.
My African people.
The jewels of this world.
The sight of your skins, watching sunrise kiss you.
The posture of the African man. Devotion, heritage and dignity are his companions.
The beauty of the African woman. Pride, integrity and nourishment are all qualities found in her.
Because it is from her breast her child acknowledges his/her place in the world.
Africa.
The place where you and I originated from.
The place where you hear the drums, the voices, the dancing feet and the everlasting feasts.
My Africa has me in it's possession. My heart. My African heart.
If I'm to go astray,
Mother Africa is where I should rest,
waiting and longing at an ocean bay.
Africa.
My Africa has me in it's possession.
It's a positivity, not a negativity. It's an admiration, not a declaration. It's a vibration, celebration, bonding of a nation, but no damnation! Nor a violation, more like a visitation.
My Africa has me in it's possession. Until eternity.

----------------------
Smashed into my head 11/10/10

Hey, guys, I've been busy these past weeks. I've literally moved into my school. I'm usually there from 8 AM til 8 PM. Yeah.... true dat: S.I.CK., but I have no choice. I have to get good grades and most importantly, not to disappoint mom, dad and ME. hehe.
So, anyways, came back from school three hours ago and I have to start packing now.
Why?
IT'S MY B-DAY THIS SATURDAY :D And I'm gonna spend it with my family minus mom, becuase she left for UG (lucky...). And one of my friends is throwing a b-day bash at my b-day, HAHA! Anyways, it's good, since I get to see my best-of-friends at my b-day.

So, bye kiddos. Have a great weekend!
Party with style and brains!

God Bless.
P.S. Woke up this morning and it was snowing -.- I'm looking forward for summer. It always turns out like this each season. I long for summer when I'm stuck with winter. And I scream for October when summer is kissing my skin! I'm wierd and I love it.

black panther

1 comment:

Dre said...

beautifully and wonderfully written! u made me long to go back to a place I had never even been before! I could see, feel, and hear Africa through your descriptive powers. LOVE IT! =)

Post a Comment

tell it, show it & share it