loud ringtones and paper bags




I'm at the library, getting my Nerd on. I'm trying to catch up with last week's lectures. I was sick. Got a major flu from my trip back home. It's rarely that I get sick, so I was really disappointed in myself, lol.
I remember the first night I cried myself to sleep because it was pure torture. Sneezing, coughing, barely breathing through my nostrils. I was calling out for Mom.

But anyways, I'm at the library. People around me are minding their own business. Everyone has digged their heads into their computer screens or books. People look up from their books, don't smile, don't acknowlegde those around them. Haha, it's kinda funny how everyone acts serious before they come to the library. And the silence! OOOOOO, it eat's me up sometimes. But it's never silent. You always have that someone who brings lunch with them and you have hear them chewing and swallowing. You can hear them pack together the paper bag. Ops, looks like I'm describing myself. That's why I always have ear plugs, so that I don't hear myself making noise. But I hear myself chew. *scary*

Then you have those who has the loudest ringtone EVER. People have those on for a purpose. You know, to hear it when it rings. But nahh, some let it ring for minutes before acknowledging that it's theirs. So, everyone looks from left to right to see if it's theirs or someone else's. Then they move around looking for it, searching in their pockets, bags, when the phone is infront of them. Lol. And before they pick it up, the person on the other line hungs up.
But if they get lucky, they answer it in time. And instead of speaking in a low voice and excusing themselves, they speak loud and leave their as*es around. *ugh*

In addition to this, you will find those who listen to their music loudly through their headphones. I always wonder if their on the bridge of getting deaf OR if they are deaf. Usually people get looks from those around them. You know, trying to "tell" them that their music is loud. Or that they may feel sorry for them because of the fact that their hearing is already bad. Or they don't like the music.
You know those heavy metal fans? Those are usely the one's who have the loudest music. Oh, and the techno muppets (i like to call them that ;)). Sitting on a bus feels like being in a party to them, lol. One mans party, that's the new thang. xD

Anyhoo, yesterday I attented my first comedy stand-up. I went with John and L. It was NICE! I had a blast, I laughed soooo much and I even cried. :-) lol.
The comedians were from New York (YEAAAHHH, NYall day lol). Or Brooklyn more percisely. Colin Kane performed (he is HOT) and another one, but I forgot his name. I'll post it when I get to know.
Wow, recently I've learned to accept the downfalls I experience and just stand up, cherish my flaws and wounds, and love me. Because no one can love me before I love myself back. (Cliche, but true.)
So, from  now on, I'm just gonna do me. Keep continuing with the same effort in school, look at life more brightly and never forget who brought me here; God.

Have a nice weekend and stay Blessed with the Best.

black panther




This is the famous Naija comedian Godfrey.
*tickkle my fantasy*
He was supposed to perform, but something came up :(
Don't even bother, cause he's taken
*mega-Xlarge-sad-face*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First time here and I am liking it

black panther said...

@Be Silent
thanx. :)

Ginger said...

That cutie is Nigerian..damn!!
Libraries? I could write a book. That's my second home yay Nerdy too! two days ago some Asian chic was carrying on this loud conversation which went on for over 10mins inside the study room. The room went even quieter than usual cause everyone was watching the silly twat. mscheeew!
I feel you on people that play headphones so loud the next person can hear it. Whats the deal? mscheew sriously. There should be a book on library etiquette.

black panther said...

haha, i know, HE IS NICE!!!

yeah, i guess libraries miss a BIIIIG sign saying that it isnt allowed to answer phonecalls.

Post a Comment

tell it, show it & share it