just had to say it





Picture me and colourful family riding in on the highway on a hot summer afternoon. By looking at her right, Mom saw a middle aged man running/jogging without a t-shirt.
That's when Mom dropped the bomb:
"Men like that just inspire women to go crazy when wearing clothes"
AI?! WHAT?!
Dad:
"But you really don't hear people saying if a MAN is dressing indecently"
So that's the topic for this post. Dressing indecently. And why men aren't linked to this.
Why is it that dressing indecently is connected to women only?


Wikipedia states " Decency is the measure of an object's worth and value " So, it this saying that decency only applies to women just in order to keep their worth and value.
And what value is that?
A good enough value so that a woman can be wedded off.
A good enough value so that a woman can get the top job.
A good enough value so that a woman can be called decent.
Is that so?


 In my childhood, I wasn't allowed to go to the market after 6 o'clock in the evening, because "it is not good for girls." Girls had to sit like this, kneel for the elders, take care of the little ones, never whistle at night "or else the omoosota (snake) will bite you". HA, so does the snake smell if it's victim has a penis or not?! Naawe! 
In my mother's childhood, she and her sisters were the ones responsible for cleaning, cooking and taking care of the house when Grandmother was away. Guess where the boys where. Yeah, outside playing kapilaa (football). 


It disgusts me that I portray myself in a mannered and proper way JUST because I'm a girl.
Boys can have multiple lovers and sex partners without being labeled as "whores" or "filthy". Please, just because I lack a wee-wee doesn't mean another with one isn't filthy as well. 
But "issues such as decency are more difficult to define and handle because they reflect a large variety of personally subjective, culturally related and historically changing values and attitudes", so since I'm not a professor or very good in my written English, I might as well stop now. But decency has to apply to men too!
Oh and to all you men "saggin", please I don't want to look at your ass. My have mine to look at in the minor!(all day, every day) 


Lil' update:


- this world sucks. seriously. what has the world come to? i feel like I'm just wondering around.
- my facial skin is toning up! finally. i had to fight with blemishes and spots for like forever.
- thinking of enrolling in a photography course.
- thinking of rocking my fro for longer than 24 hours,lol
- got good results after my exams, all by His might
- i think i have to choose friends more wisely
- THIS SUMMER IS CRAPPY. It's look more like autumn!
- desperately waiting for season 4 of The Boondocks
- it sucks thinking of someone when that someone doesn't know you or when you lost a chance of actually seeing that someone
- God's grace is wonderful!
- i miss Uganda. 
- I'm unique. and so are you. embrace it.
- new addiction: www.felicianoelleblogg.blogg.no  






black panther


PS. CONGRATULATIONS, SOUTH-SUDAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *VUVUZELA*



4 comments:

H A L L Y said...

Great post, girl! I can really relate.
x.o.x.o
H.A.L.L.Y

Anonymous said...

We relate indeed! But it's a man's world- which is sad. I'm glad more and more women are seeing that it doesn't have to be like this though

Adiya
http://museorigins.blogspot.com (formerly the corner shop)
http://museorigins.com

Ugandan girl said...

congs on the exams hun...and summer..yeee..let me make you jealous for a bit ..:-) am heading south..or is it east ...to ug in hmmm four weeks...come join me..:-)

Meeeennnn this world is definatly ruled by them and they decided to make the rules and it makes me want to screeeeemmmmm..

hi sweets..xx

Anonymous said...

Exactly oh!! Please it applies to men- i hate to look at those sagging dudes. I always have to urge to run up to them, pull down their pants and run away lol

Adiya
Muse Origins (Creative Nigerian Features)
Muse Origins

Post a Comment

tell it, show it & share it